Monday 21 November 2011

Attempting to obtain costings





One of the UV printers I have been researching Oriel also provide standard Litho printing so I thought this would be a good opportunity to obtain at least a rough estimate of the difference in costs between printing on paper based stock versus polypropylene.   No surprise, as this was not a live print job they have not responded with an estimate.


I had always imagined the re-usable container would be UV printed on polypropylene.  After my research I understand this will be more expensive than the standard routes available.  I considered this acceptable as this was proposed to be a limited edition offer to launch the product.


Since these ideas I then came up with a combined card /acetate hexagon which would prove to be strong enough for the apples and also the apple bag is a success. 

No comments:

Post a Comment